- Bill Laws opened and chaired the meeting.
- The minutes of the last meeting on 2nd August were agreed with two corrections, Rob had sent apologies, and Tony was in fact there!
- EVENT: The Lost Parish event will take place on 4th October, 7.3pm at The Barrels. Rosie, Linda and Bill will be there and donations will be collected.
- Bill is organising a short bike ride to Rotherwas Chapel for 8th October at 2pm. Rob to add to Facebook and website.
- Lots of people have promised to write interesting articles for the website. Bill/Huw will edit articles and pass on to Rob. Christine will do an article on the river, and David on old local shops. Other topics include the Railway, schools and Castle Green. Bill will follow these up.
- Bill is following up the possibility of an interactive historical overlay showing changes in the map of Bartonsham
- Cash - we have £235.43 in the bank
- Group constitution: it was decided this would not be pursued at this stage as little advantage could be seen. We remain affiliated to the Community Association for the purposes of finance etc
- Old Records Office - a letter objecting to demolition has been sent to the Council and a report posted on the website and Facebook
- Rowditch - a re-application for a dig will be submitted within the next week - Ian
- Film night: a variety of ideas were discussed for local films. It was agreed that every other first Tuesday could be a film or a talk, interspersed with the more informal catch up at the Volley. So 1st November will be an informal catchup, and 6 December is pencilled in for a Film Night - Bill will look into this
- Bill's Book Launch on Thursday 15th was highlighted - details on website
- We will have a stall at the Castle Green Fayre - Bill
Our last meeting at The Volunteer on 6th September was attended by seven enthusiasts - Christine, Rose, Amy, David, Linda, Bill and Rob, and we had apologies from Tony, Ian, Hugh and Mo. Agreed actions are in bold.
News & Views
Reports on our latest activities, events and research. You can subscribe by email or Twitter below, and browse through blog postings by Category and by Date.